♥ INSTALLATION ISSUES ♥
Vinyl decals do not adhere well to walls that are painted with Low or No VOC paints. Paints currently marketed as Zero VOC or VOC Free include Yolo Colorhouse, Behr Premium Plus Zero VOC, Benjamin Moore’s Natura paint, and Glidden Spred. Sherwin Williams offers several such paints including GreenGuard Emerald Interior Acrylic Latex, Harmony, Pro Industrial Zero VOC Waterborne Catalyzed Epoxy, Pro Industrial Zero VOC Acrylic Coating, and ProMAR 200 & 400 Interior Latex paint. Please contact us for a sample prior to purchase if in doubt.
Wall decals must be applied to a clean, smooth, dry and non-porous interior surface. Any of the following conditions can also cause poor adhesion or product failure:
– Highly textured paint
– Moisture behind the drywall (e.g. cooling systems or water pipes behind them causing condensation)
– Dust, dirt, or other contaminants on the wall
– Freshly applied paint should be allowed to cure for a minimum of three full weeks before wall graphic application.
♥ INSTALLATION OF VINYL DECALS ♥
– Small decals (up about 5″ size) without fine details and can be applied like traditional stickers – just peel and stick.
– Larger decals (> ~5″) come pre-arranged and pre-masked with transfer paper for easy installation.
– Large wall decals come in more than one sheet.
– Certain elements may require cutting apart before applying to the wall.
– Each non-overlapping image (e.g. fish, flower, leaf, planet, etc) is a separate piece. You can place each piece individually and build the scene in any way you want.
– Assembly is required for most wall decals (meaning putting up multiple pieces).
– During installation, small pieces can be re-positioned to create a perfect look.
– Larger pieces cannot be re-applied once applied on the wall and removed from transfer paper.
♥ INSTALLATION OF CALENDAR DECALS ♥
– All calendar decals are pre-arranged and pre-masked with transfer paper for easy installation with minimal alignment effort.
– As a general rule, calendars shorter than 22″ are provided as 1 piece; calendars taller than 22″ height are provided as 2 or more pieces/sheets.
– Assembly is required for larger calendar decals (height > 22″), which means installation and alignment of more than one piece.
– For calendars shorter than 22″, you only need to install the entire calendar as one piece.
Note that our decals are removable leaving no residue on the wall, but they are not reusable.